ABOUT    inspired by   Facebook    contact  

Sunday 1 April 2012

The island Texel

As an extremely cute surprise H picked me up yesterday and took me to Texel. It's an island just above Noord Holland. You can reach it via a ferry and it's like a trip down memory lane. I used to come here each year with a part of my family. The funny thing is, the island always seems the same. Nothing appears to change: the shops, the people and the feeling of the island. So different than the city! Where there's always a buzz. I love the beach here though. And there are no shops open on sunday. As a citygirl I'm forced to stand still and give my mind some rest. In the city there's always something I need to to or somewhere I need to be. Not over here. So a nature's walk will do and I'll give H a glimpse of my past: my favorite part of the beach near 'de Cocksdorp', a visit to the harbour 'oudedchild' and a taste of my favorite fries ever! I'll embrace the silence of the island!

No comments:

Post a Comment