ABOUT    inspired by   Facebook    contact  

Friday 10 February 2012

Ça va?




I'm a postcard addict, and I love it! And no, I'm not a member of the 'postcard anonymous group' for preferring handwritten stuff over the digital messages. It just makes me happy to encounter postcards which make me laugh, think or are just so pretty that it touches me like a beautiful artpiece can do. It makes me even happier to write the card and send it to someone who is the perfect match for the specific card. 


As I'm aware of the fact that anno 2012 lots of people find this a bit old fashioned, it makes me utterly happy to receive a card myself! Finding a handwritten envelope in my mailbox (like yesterday: thanks D:) really makes my day. Yesterday: after a long day at work with lots of meetings, travelling outside in the cold, just longing to go home and sit on the couch with a warm cup of tea the trip from my mailbox to my frontdoor (eight stairs!) was a piece of cake. And I don't instantly tear the envelope open, no, I just wait till I'm relaxed and ready to open the card so I can enjoy it most!


An example of a funny card I bought is below. It's extra special due to the fact that is was hand printed on an old letterpress machine. I've got an idea: why don't you print the card and write some words, sentences or just draw something to answer the ça va? question...











No comments:

Post a Comment