ABOUT    inspired by   Facebook    contact  

Thursday 19 January 2012

Karin Miller

“My work is a visual play between beauty and tragedy, rhythm and interruption – searching for a sense of order in the overwhelming chaos of life."


I instantly fell in love with the work of the South African artist Karin Miller (http://karinmiller.co.za) when I visited a gallery in Franschhoek. At first sight I was attracted to the overall picture but when you look closer, the deeper meaning reveals itself. I particularly liked the pieces from her 'I wear my mask for warmth' collection. My favorite piece is directly underneath. I wish I could afford an original piece but instead I bought a wonderful notebook that makes me smile everytime I see it. 


Out of step / glow of hope


I kiss my wailing child
  

No comments:

Post a Comment